Thursday, July 19, 2012

Breakfast Nook

Here is a quick glimpse of our little breakfast nook that is attached to the kitchen and living room. We weren't really sure what to do with the space at first. It used to have our little table for four here but it was a small space to try to fit in with enough chairs around it. After about a year or so we put our extra oversized comfy armchair in it which didn't fit in the living room quite right because of our double french doors and added my desk that used to be my great grandmas. We love this little space now! I love that I have a spot for my calendar, coupons and to do lists without having to go downstairs into our actual office. I only took one before pic (fail). This is what we did to the room:
-painted using Kelly Moore paint color Sand pebble (not too far from what was originally there but used it to match the rest of the house)
-scraped the popcorn off the ceiling
-put in new lighting (one of my great grandmas chandeliers that was gold and I spray painted white)
-found awesome fabric on the cheap and had my talented mom make me window treatments!
...and then decorated a bit!

BEFORE

AFTER



This is the nook looking into my little galley kitchen. Isn't that spoon and fork awesome? I was walking through St.Vincent DePaul's junk yard and saw these beauties in it. They were dark brown and what do you know?! They got spray painted white. :) I spray paint everything white. I was originally going to name this blog "for the love of spray paint" but Justin gave me the axe on that. :) Spray paint is the best and I should probably own stock in it. Oh and I almost forgot, they fork and spoon cost me a whoppin $1.99! What a steal! I hung it with a little bit of burlap.

Often in the morning when the boys wake up they sit in that chair and drink milk together while I make them some breakfast. Pretty cute!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment