Saturday, September 14, 2013

Capri's Nursery

Finally, some pictures of this sweet little oasis. I love Capri's room. It's soft, sweet and whimsical. Justin and I really enjoyed painting her room and daydreaming of this unknown little girl kicking in my belly that would soon be sleeping in here. Okay, so really she is in the bassinet next to me still...but soon she will be in her big girl room. And if any of you know me well, this is completely shocking. I'm not sure if she is still sleeping next to me because she is a little girl that I want to protect, if it's because she may be my last baby and I want to soak it up or if I'm lazy and don't want to walk to her room to nurse her. It may be all of the above. She will be half a year old next week so I decided it was about time to share her room with you but I have this big problem of starting a project and not quite completing it. It's awful. That's why I haven't posted pictures till now. This room is about 90% of the way there. I didn't want to show you an uncompleted room but I decided I should just be real and let you all know that I NEVER have it together. My house is a mess right now. Pictures can be so deceiving. There are multiple baskets of unfolded laundry (that have been there for weeks) that was slid into the hallway to make the room prettier for the camera. So, here it is in all of it's uncompleted glory!
Just a little scrap book paper, scissors, tape, string and an embroidery hoop and voila!

I love her alphabet wall that my dear friend Mary-Hayden made & gifted to me at my baby shower.
 Capri's first baby booties made by my friend Laura.

Headbands and bows galore. My mom embroidered the animal ABC picture eons ago for one of my siblings when they were a babe.

Here is the room breakdown:
Curtains: IKEA
Frames: Hobby Lobby and old ones I painted
Scrap Banner: DIY
Hot air balloon mobile: DIY
Lamp: Goodwill DIY
Nightstand: my great grandma Kitty's (she'd be so proud!)
Chandelier: my great grandma Kitty's
Chair: Goodwill
Dresser: Goodwill DIY
Book shelf: DIY
Head Band and Bows organizer: DIY
Chevron Rug: Urban Outfitters
Crib: Graco Sarah Classic 4-1 convertible crib

I'm sure I will be back with the finishing touches later.....
....back to some projects!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment