Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Baby Shower for Lexi(e)

Another baby shower came and went and it was absolutely lovely. I loved being able to host this shower especially because it was for a little girl! What a great excuse to bring in some girlyness into this testosterone filled home. Laura will be meeting her sweet Lexi(e) (they aren't sure how they are spelling her name yet) in a few weeks adding to their already sweet little boy, Levi. She received lots of fun and adorable gifts and we enjoyed the evening full of food, games and crafts!

We put together a head band making station so little Lexi(e) will be stylin' from the get go!

I printed off some tutorials on how to make felt flowers. I bought elastic and sequin elastic at JoAnne Fabrics along with lots of felt. I had no idea they had so many felt options - it came in animal prints and just about every color. The elastic, sequined headbands that are all lined up below came in a six pack at Ross for $2.50....much cheaper than buying the black sequined elastic from JoAnne's for 5.99 a yard! I found the pack after the fact...o'well! You live, you learn. I also put out some blank barrettes and bundles of flowers from the dollar store.


Food table that wasn't filled with all the food yet but you get the idea! :)

It was all so good! I had leftover buffalo chicken sliders yesterday for lunch and have BBQ chicken in the crock pot for dinner tonight.

                                                                   
Laura opening gifts....

Here are the headbands I made yesterday during the boys' nap since I didn't get around to it at the party!
I had no idea these were so quick and easy. I may have to keep making them for gifts...so if you have a little girl coming your way you just may be getting a little headband collection. :) One more shower down, now I need to go and pack and clean this house for a big trip of ours coming up. This Spring/Summer is FLYING by! Someone make it stop! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment