We were way overdue for a visit to Old Saybrook! We love this little town. It reminds me a lot of Steilacoom: small, quaint, along the water, beach decor, beautiful views and houses you can only dream of living in. I could probably move there and be happy as a clam. I have concluded that if there is a body of water nearby, I am perfectly fine with putting down our family roots there.
The boys were in heaven getting to play with their cousins and new toys and it was great getting to spend time with Heather and Scott. This is what we got to do during our four day visit:
1. Rides down the street to the beach in a golf cart and the gator for the big boys.
2. Wade in the Long Island Sound.
3. Walk down a beautiful pier and venture out on the rocks.
4. Look across the water and see Long Island, NY.
5. Eat lobster!
6. Celebrate Trevyn & Sterling's 3rd and 4th birthday together.
7. Attend Grace's pre-school singing performance and graduation.
8. Sit around a fire and make s'mores with cinnamon graham crackers (so good. never going back to plain ones now).
9. Drink endless amounts of good coffee every morning.
10. Drive down to New York - crazy. (a separate post on that soon).
Double trouble on the gator! They were cracking up and having a blast feeling so independent on their own little drive to the beach.
Celebration time! The boys were a little excited, can you tell?!
At Grace's pre-school...isn't she adorable?! Sterling asked if her could marry her and called her friend all week. Pretty cute.
Sterling hid his arms in his sweatshirt the day after we got back from seeing his cousins and said "Mom look! My arms are missing!" I asked him where they went missing and he quickly told me "they went missing at my friends house. No problem mom, we can just get back on the plane to go and get them." What a clever little man. I think it's safe to say they had a blast! It was definitely a blessing getting to live life with this family for four days and we can't wait to see them again in Oregon in late July! Pin It