Wednesday, December 12, 2012

MOPS Christmas Brunch

I have been a part of MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) for four years now and have loved being more involved over time. When we moved up to WA, finding a new MOPS group was the last thing on my mind. We were just trying to get by. Finding a new church, Sterling recovering from heart surgery, buying a house and trying to get into some routine was all that I could manage. Justin met a guy at work that he connected with from the start. They decided that the wives needed to meet and the rest is history. Mark and Jen Schumacher have become great friends of ours and Jen was the one who introduced me to UPPC MOPS years ago and invited me to come even though the MOPS year was half way over. I am so thankful she did! I started up and forgot how much I loved being a part of this organization/ministry. There is something so refreshing about a huge group of women that all share the commonality of motherhood. I have learned so much from all of our amazing speakers and many of the moms I have gotten to sit with over the years. This year I signed up to help decorate some of the centerpieces for our Christmas brunch. I tagged teamed with a few friends to do the centerpieces & we spent only $20 on 6 centerpieces when we could have put $10 towards each table. We pulled pieces from our garage, shopped dollar store and re-created, clipped from bushes off of train tracks and found some fun treasures at Value Village. Here is the breakdown of what we used for the centerpieces:

Bundle of gold sparkly branches & all ornaments - Dollar Store
Wood Branches - from my garage (IKEA bundle)
Hurricane Vases - 1.99 Value Village
Table Runners - borrowed from a friends wedding
Wood Discs - Justin cut them up from our backyard
Berries on a branch - cut from bushes in Olympia :)
Tea Lights - pack from dollar store
Candles - garage finds
Burlap Christmas Trees - tinsel dollar store trees disassembled and re-created with burlap scraps
Short vases - from my wedding
Candle stick holders - 1.99 Value Village
Deer/Llama - 1.99 Value Village score! (seriously a head of a deer and body of a Llama...we named it a Llamadeer...kind of loved that one)

Here are some of our quick centerpiece creations that morning for MOPS....




Aren't they fun?! It's amazing what you can put together in a few hours on a little budget! And here is some of our amazing food that was catered...
 A sea of wonderful women!
...and a MOPS meeting isn't complete without some fun games by Shannon! Love these ladies!



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment