Thursday, January 3, 2013

2012 flashback

I've been looking through my Picasa albums and reminiscing on 2012. A lot can happen in a year. It's amazing how easily I can forget all the events and life changes that took place over a 12 month period. I am truly thankful for pictures to look back at as they remind me of all the blessings the Lord bestowed upon our little family. Here are some of my 2012 favorites. 
Left to Right Row 1:
Spending every other day at the beach with my boys
Monday nights with our Life Group and experiencing true gospel community
Going to Boston/Connecticut/New York with my family
Sterling starting up another year of preschool and making strides in his verbal skills
Left to Right Row 2:
Watching Boone become a toddler but being reminded that he was still my baby sleeping bottoms up
Going to "Uncle" Eli's wedding and seeing him marry his wonderful bride Emily
An Officer family reunion in Seneca
My ten year HS reunion with my man
Left to Right Row 3:
A girls trip to cannon beach with some of my favorite ladies
Letting the boys share a bedroom and giving it a makeover just for them
Announcing Officer baby #3!
Finding out we are welcoming a baby girl into this family in March


What a blessed year we had. And there is so much that happened beyond these pictures. Celebrating my moms birthday and going to the Broadway Wicked, projects completed, family members having new babies, day trips, out of town visitors, other weddings we attended, baby showers galore and the every day life of lounging in jammies all day with my boys playing with toys are just to name a few. I haven't mapped out goals for 2013 and I know deep down we will be experiencing some sleepless nights with a newborn many of the months of this year. Those days often feels like survival mode. So for now my 2013 mission is my current every day battle which is losing my selfish desires so I can love my family the way Christ would. Simply not losing my patience and being grateful for my little crew here is where I'm at. Cheers to a great 2013!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness- so this is what disappearing from the blog world does! I haven't read any blogs for MONTHS now... I come back to randomly check yours out and you're having a baby!! And its a girl!! YAY! So excited for you guys! How's the name game going? Is it weird to have to think of feminine things now? :)

    ReplyDelete