Saturday, May 12, 2012

Boone's room - all the changes

I often forget how awful the colors were in our home before we purchased. There was definitely some little girls that lived here and loved pink! I love that paint is such a dramatic makeover and one of the most inexpensive makeovers. I still can't believe we used about 50 gallons for this house...and counting :) Here is Boone's room (originally a guest bedroom before he came along) from August 2009 to May 2012.

It went from HOT PINK....
To BLUE STRIPES and lots of GREEN...

To a little more SIMPLIFIED room with a little more WHITE and a little less green. Just switching out his dark curtains and taking away the busy bumper made the room much more peaceful. I am loving the change. Look at that curly headed little baby in his crib. He loves his bed!



And his birdie mobile is still going strong. We have lost 2 birds over the past 18 months...not too bad for a little boy that can bat at it. He loves his birds!

I made this bird mobile before he was born and it was a free project using leftover scrap fabric and branches from the yard. I recently made one of these mobiles for my friend Kristy who is having a baby girl (and baby #5...amazing) and she saw that it sold on Etsy for $168! Who pays that much for a mobile?! Maybe I need to go into that business! 



I hope you all have a blessed Mother's Day weekend! If you live on the West coast we are having amazing weather this weekend...we are heading to the beach in about 30 minutes! Woohoo for the sunshine and weather that is above 65 degrees! :)



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment