Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday's

Monday is my favorite day of the week. It didn't use to be all that great and I used to prefer Friday with Saturday being a runner up but now Monday's include this:

1. The Mr. has the day off of work! He has switched from his M-Th work schedule to a T-F work schedule. Our three day weekend is just a little switched around now but 3 days is 3 days and I love that we spend close to half the week together.
2. MOPS meets on Monday's. I am in my third year at UPPC MOPS and love the time I get to spend with my table of mom's and mentor mom's and look forward to either a great guest speaker or a fun craft with over two hours of childcare....oh and coffee and a lot of food. Saweeet!
&
3. Life group!! This is the highlight of our week.We meet here at our house every Monday night and get to experience community with one another. We love every single person that walks through our door and feel so privileged to have these amazing folks in our house to share a meal with and talk about the Lord. They seriously bless us.

Here is our back deck on a Monday night:
Every Monday I am delighted to see so many chairs that are going to be filled up. I anticipate everyone coming over all day long. At about 3:00 I'm ready for people to arrive but it doesn't start till 6:00 so I have to occupy myself so I don't get too anxious. :)

We just got done studying Philippians for 12 weeks and now we are discussing the Sunday night sermons more in depth for the next 4 weeks and will start another 12 week series in June.

This last Monday night we focused on these verses:
"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved. Acts 2:42-47

They were devoted to teaching, to fellowship, they prayed together and took care of each others needs and they shared meals with one another. What a beautiful picture of community. The last verse struck me last Monday night. "And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." That is my prayer for our Life group! If you have yet to experience a community like the verses describe in Acts, know you are welcome in our home on Monday nights!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment