Thursday, May 3, 2012

DIY Mossy Monogramming

I'm leaving on a jet plane in a few hours to go and visit my little bro and his wife....so excited! I will leave you with this quick craft for the weekend! 


Materials:
Letter ($9.99 from JoAnne Fabrics and remember you can use Micheal's coupons there as well!)
Tacky Glue
2 medium sized bags of Moss (found at JoAnne Fabrics...you can also find small packs of it at the Dollar Tree)
Hairspray (probably optional)

I have never done this or read a tutorial on how to do this so I will give you the method to my madness. I don't think you can go real wrong with this project. It was super fast and easy.


1. I first started on the front of the letter so I could lay it down flat and make the front exactly how I wanted it not knowing how much coverage I would get with my two bags of moss. I was very liberal with my tacky glue (as seen in the pic below) and layed down moss in large pieces. The more you separate the moss the more mess it makes. Try and keep your moss intact as much as possible.


2. Lay your letter on it's side and moss both the inside and outside of your letter.
3. Shake it out to let all the loose moss fall out
4. Fill in gaps with glue and moss
5. Hairspray it :) I really don't know how much this helps but it seemed like a good idea. I sprayed and patted it down just like a case of bad bed head. It seemed to help some loose ends and made it smell good.






























4. Find a happy home for your letter.







































There are lots of place this would look great. I love bringing the outdoors in. Some uses for a mossy letter(s) are for a wedding with the new couples initials, a collage on a wall, sitting on a built in bookshelf or on a mantle. Easy, inexpensive and quick!


Happy Crafting!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. super cute idea! I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sarah! Glad you pointed out that this is a letter "o" - for the last few weeks when I saw it at your house, I just thought you made another super cute wreath...love that it's a monogram!

    ReplyDelete